A week ago today we celebrated the one month anniversary of our GOTCHA DAY for Callie Beth. OH, how she has changed since that day she was first placed in to my arms!!!! Sometimes, it's even hard for me to believe she is the same child. I am posting a picture of her from GOTCHA DAY, as well as one that I took last Wednesday.
|How sweet it is to be loved....|
Callie Beth got to meet Shea for the first time last Friday night. Just as it was with Evan and Keaton, it was almost like an instantaneous bonding with him. AND, what did Shea have to say about her? He said, "Well, Mama....we got the prettiest one again this time, too!!!!" He definitely felt she was a KEEPER!!!!
|Callie Beth and Shea|
|Molly Kate and Shea|
|Evan, Molly Kate, and Callie Beth|
|Keaton and Callie Beth|
|Keaton and Molly Kate|
Callie Beth is adjusting SO well, and it's almost like I can't remember what our lives were without her. Here are some special things about our second little sweetie......
|Look at that, Molly Kate!|
2. She LOVES hugs, and loves to GIVE hugs!!!! Our shy, introverted daughter number TWO really ISN'T shy and introverted AT ALL!!!! When she meets a stranger now, she will wave at them, blow a kiss, and give them the biggest, sweetest smile. She also will hug anyone we tell her to.
3. She is talking more and more. I have NO CLUE what she is saying the majority of the time, but SHE knows!!! She is saying several words in English, including MAMA (at least a THOUSAND times a day!!!), MAMA SIT, BUBBA, MILK, B.B. (one of our dogs), WOO WHEE, OH SHOOT (she hears me say this MULTIPLE times daily), and SISSY (Molly Kate).
4. Her receptive language is picking up quickly. She understands SO much of what I say to her. We have worked on a little signing for specific words, but most of the time I don't even have to do the sign for her to understand.
5. She is getting MORE BEAUTIFUL as each day passes!!!! I think that may be because she is so filled with happiness, and it just radiates from her face.
5. EVERYTHING she does, she does with GUSTO!!!!! She is SOOOO full of life!!!!
When I look at Callie Beth's precious face....when I witness her being SO full of life, and a blessing beyond what words could ever adequately express, the reality of her past life story hits hard. She was not only a special needs child, but she was labeled special focus. That means she was on the waiting child list, which is THE list of children eligible to be adopted, for TWO FULL MONTHS, with NO agency asking for her file, or NO ONE showing any interest in viewing it. CCCWA then sent her file to our adoption agency, CCAI to be placed on their waiting child list. That's where I first saw her picture. I don't know how long she had been on the list when I first saw her. I shared before that there was a LONG waiting list of people interested in reviewing her file, once her info was with CCAI. From the time we requested to see it, it was five weeks before they ever got to our name. This is just a guesstimate, but I'm thinking there were probably at least 6 to 8 families who saw her file before us, and decided she wasn't the right child for them. ALL THAT TIME WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO CHOOSE TO BE HER FOREVER FAMILY-----ALL THAT TIME LIVING IN AN ORPHANAGE, RATHER THAN A HOME WITH A MAMA AND DADDY AND BROTHERS AND SISTERS........WHY? Why didn't someone see what WE saw when we looked at her picture? This may sound really selfish, but I believe with all my heart and soul that it was because WE were supposed to be her FOREVER FAMILY----not SOMEONE or ANYONE else. God chose her for us, and us for her. It all happened the way it did BECAUSE it was God's will, and it all happened in HIS PERFECT TIMING!!!!! She is SOOO perfect of a fit for our family, just like Molly Kate is, and I truly don't think she could have been any more perfect for us, even had she been our own biological child!!!!!
|Callie Beth's SHARK BITE!|
|That was sooooo funny, Molly Kate!|